Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RAGNAR

Well, it's this weekend!  I'm SO nervous!  My runs, although getting better, they are not doing so at the rate I'd hoped for!  I'm having good and bad days, which I expected to have; however, I had one of the worst runs yesterday and I'm just days away from my race.  I'm pretty sure it was a bad run for a multiple of reasons, not drinking enough, not enough sleep the night before, running later than normal and not having any breakfast, and it's an inopportune time of the month.... I still haven't run a full 4.2 miles which is my longest leg and I've only run the entire 3-mile distance a few times.  I complete the distances, but with a lot of walking!  Thank goodness for my running partner, my dog who is always anxious and excited to go and keeps me company throughout the run!  I'm really sad she won't be able to come with me during the race!  Good or bad, my family won't be able to really cheer me on either due to the rules of limited car support along the race, traffic, and timing concerns.  I think I'll be running early in the morning Saturday and then again probably that evening, but I'm not sure.  Our team captain assures me that it will be fun.... I hope I can believe her!  Here goes nothing!