I took the day off yesterday from running and went to pilates class and then went for a 12-13 mile bike ride to take my daughter's book to school because she forgot it. I think I did some major calorie burning and hopefully it will only help me to condition for the race some more!
I made it further today than Tuesday's run! I think I actually ran 2.5 miles without really stopping, other than to grab my dog's leash again after she abruptly stopped to do her business momentarily and wanted to stop and meet a neighbor's dog that was being walked. I had to skip the hills today, but if it had been flat, I might have been able to run the entire 3 miles! I'm not sure I ate enough yesterday to make up for the bike ride and pilates. After my run this morning I tried to take the Power Pump class at the gym and I just didn't have the energy to go full-out. Plus, the instructor spent a disproportionate amount of time on inner and outer thighs, squats and lunges, which were already pooped out from yesterday's pilates and bike ride, not to mention the run this morning! I've decided to keep track of my calorie expenditure and intake on my "LoseIt" app on my iPod just to make sure I keep my energy up to do my runs.
I'm really beginning to feel the patellar tendonitis in my right leg. I had a tough enough time doing lunges anyway due to fatigue, but the soreness in the tendon made it quite painful to do the first few times. I think it looks a little inflamed, I should start icing it and probably take ibuprofen to keep the inflammation down, if I think of it! I gotta stay healthy so I can still do this race! Yesterday was my backout deadline and it's past now so I'm really committed!