Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend

Saturday I woke up at the crack of dawn....hahaha, who are we trying to kid, right? OK, really, I sent my son and husband off to Lacrosse practice and about 8:30 I finally got out the door. My dog is really looking forward to our runs! She will look at me in anticipation knowing if I have my running gear on and wait, sometimes impatiently, for me to say, "do you wanna go for a run?" She's a great running partner, except when she decides to run me into traffic when we're running on the road where there are much smaller shoulders and no sidewalks!

Saturday I plotted a course of 4 miles and made it a little over a mile and a half before I had to start walking. I walked a short distance and then ran and walked in intervals until I finished. I believe in all I ran over 2.5 miles, but I feel really good and I love how I feel the entire day after I've run in the morning! I wonder if my dinner Friday night affected my running some. We went to Chili's for dinner and sadly ordered the Bottomless Tostada Chips and Salsa...man I LOVE THOSE crispy thin and salty chips with a little salsa! The four of us finished off one bowl of the naughty chips and the server brought a second. Meanwhile, I ordered the chicken tacos, which weren't great, I ate 2 of the 3 and a couple of bites of the rice and beans, then went back to eating those chips! Needless to say, my diet is probably not giving me any extra points towards making running going easier!

Sunday was my day off and I truly relished it. We stayed up late Saturday night watching the University of Utah polish off BYU's haughty and snooty smiling faces as they out-scored, out-played, and out-coached throughout the entire game winning by a huge 44-point lead! (Final score: Utah 54, BYU 10). I relished the victory mostly NOT rubbing my nay-saying, trash-talking neighbors noses in how poorly their team had performed and simply enjoyed their embarrassed looks of chagrin throughout church! For a little taste of the game check out this link: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=17293910&nid=635

As ever....GO UTES!!!!!